News & Important Bail Bond Information
Bail Bond News & Information
We want to send a special thanks to our law enforcement officers everywhere, who put their lives on the line daily, protecting the citizens of the communities they serve.
Bail Reform Update
NY City Justice system is a revolving door : Criminal Justice Reform is keeping gangs and guns on the street of NY.
The Police Officers Research Association of California is against the Zero Bail Policy.
Anti-Bail Advocates are back at it in North Carolina
PRETRIAL JUSTICE INSTITUTE
Florida Sheriffs Association passes Resolution supporting bail.
“Whereas, striking the right balance between ensuring the accountability of a defendant to appear in court, protect public safety, guarantee the rights of victims of crime including having their day in court, and the right of due process in the criminal justice system is of paramount importance.”
Failed Bail Reform Review
A collection of case studies from different states highlighting the results of attempted state specific bail reform efforts.
CA SB-10 Unconstitutional
Harvard Law Review concludes that SB 10 is unconstitutional
CA SB-10 Update 7-17-2019
Technical Flaws of Pretrial Risk Assessments Raise Grave Concerns.
In The News “No Bail” laws lead to lawlessness
If bail bonds are not an option, then judges have full discretion to impose any condition they want.
NY-City, In Wake Of Continued Gun Violence, Pleas To Bring Back Anti-Crime Unit!
- PDF : Community called on the NYPD to bring back the recently disbanded Anti-Crime Unit
- Local CBS Article Link
Woman, 64, Murdered by a man freed twice under New York’s “bail reform” law.
Ex-con with 24 arrests since April caught on NYC subway with stolen motorcycle, cops say.
NY : Lewis County sheriff: bail reform law was ‘ill conceived’
No business owner will want to open knowing that looters can take what they want and be immediately released to steal again. New York’s bail reform is a failure.
- Arrested Looters, Immediately Released
- National Review Article Link
- Former New York Gov. George Pataki: NYPD ‘caught in the middle’ of state’s political ineptitude
- Article Link : violent crime would “go through the roof.”
- Looters, back on the streets within hours
- Fox News Link : It’s likely that “99.9 percent” of the people go right back to looting
California’s $0 bail rule a risk to public safety
Suspect accused of stealing a COVID-19 test sample was rearrested
- Sacramento News : Rearrested Days After After $0 Bail Release
- Sacramento News Web Link : Rearrested on multiple charges
- Sacramento News : Critics blast California’s $0 bail rule as risk to public safety
- Sacramento News Web Link
- Suspects praise their own $0 bail release on social media
- FRESNO, California (KGPE) News Web Link
California $0 Bail Laws, a Criminal’s Paradise
- Sacramento News : Arrested Days After Early Release
- Second Time In Two Days After $0 Bail Release
Visalia Times-Delta and Tulare Advance-Register
Ankle Monitors Are Replacing Cash Bail, But At A Cost
- Law360 News : Ankle Monitors At A Cost
- ABA Journal : Chicago Crime Jumps after Bail Reform
- WSJ : The ‘No Bail’ Fiasco in New York
- Crime Friendly NYC, Thief Thanks Democrats
- Post Journal, Jamestown NY : Please show up appearance tickets
The Trending Cashless Bail No Show, Police issue appearance tickets instead of custody
- NY Post, Extend No-Bail Law
Keeping Criminals on the Streets
- Tucker Carlson,Criminals would be protected from deportation
New Way Forward Act
Artificial Intelligence association concludes that existing risk assessment tools are biased and inaccurate.
- NY Post, NYPD Deputy Commissioner slams bail reform
- NY-City : Criminal Justice Reform : Police commissioner James O’Neill throws in the towel and turns in his resignation.
- Electronic Monitoring Drives Defendants Into Debt
Private companies charge defendants hundreds of dollars a month to wear the surveillance devices
Bail Fund Scandal Comes with a Flood of Forfeitures
D.A.: Offenders not being held on excessive bonds
Star News Online (Wilmington, NC) “Explode the myth” that people are “languishing”
The Arnold Tool, Releasing Violent Repeat Offenders
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) “We’re failing to protect public safety”
Oklahoma House slams door on cash bail reform bill
Oklahoma House of Representatives’ rejected Senate Bill 252
Soros Implementing His Radical Leftist Agenda By Investing In Criminal Justice
For many years leftist billionaire George Soros has used his wealth to remake our society.
Bail Bond Studies
Dallas Report on Pretrial Release By Robert G. Morris, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Criminology and Director for the Center for Crime and Justice Studies, The University of Texas at Dallas
Pretrial Release of Felony Defendants in State Courts 1990-2004, By Bureau of Justice Statistics (November 2007)
The Effectiveness and Cost of Secured and Unsecured Pretrial Release in California’s Large Urban Counties: 1999-2000 By Michael K. Block, Ph.D., Professor of Economics and Law, University of Arizona (March 2005).
The Fugitive: Evidence on Public Versus Private Law Enforcement from Bail Jumping By Eric Helland, Claremont-McKenna College and Alexander Tabarrok, George Mason University, Published in University of Chicago Journal of Law and Economics (April 2004).
Warnken Report on Pretrial Release by the Maryland Bail Bond Association, Prepared by Professor Byron L. Warnken, University of Baltimore School of Law (February 2002).
Welchen v. Harris, October 11, 2016 Order Declaring American Bail System constitutional and dismissing claim that bail violates equal protection rights of accused.
State Forfeiture Rules
The following gives a state by state summary for forfeiture time before summary judgment, remission period, remission amount and other miscellaneous facts per state.